Saving throw resistances allow you to avoid all kinds of obstacles. There are five saving throws, or "saves" for short, and they can be found by using the info command. When you succeed a save, you take less damage than you normally would. For example, if you succeed a spell save, you only take half damage from the cast. Succeeding a trap save allows you to partially or even completely avoid a trap. There are many other ways saves can be useful, so it is in your best interest to try to raise them.
Saves can be increased by practice. Using the previous examples, getting cast on a lot can increase your spells save, and falling into a lot of traps can increase your death/traps save. ''Starting with the seventh level, ''you may raise each of your saves 5 times.'' Leveling up also gives you an increase in one save, which depends on your class and level. Each save may be increased once every 60 seconds. This policy is in place to prevent trap abuse.
Your saving throw resistance ranges on a scale from Normal to Immune. Note that being Immune does not actually mean you are invulnerable, since other factors, such as the stats of your character and your enemy, may also factor into your chance to save.
The five types of saving throws are:
- Mental Attacks
- Each level, you have the ability to raise each save a maximum of 5x (as indicated in the help-file).
- If you die, there is a chance that you may lose a raise, which will require you re-train the save in order to re-raise it back to what it was before death
Saving Throw Order
- Normal, Good, Above Average, Resistant, Excellent, Incredible, Amazing, Superb, Impervious, Unbelievable, Immune.
Suggestions on Where to Raise Saving Throws
- Ghouls located in a hole in the Dock District Alley
- Wererat believer located in the warren in Highport Sewers
- In the room adjacent to Dair Barischen
- In the Dark Sewer Pit located in the Highport Sewers
- Ice trolls near Kesh Glacier
- Vermilion Dragons located in the Meadhil Woods
- Highport sewers. From east gate, go drain, and head ne, nw
- Mental Attacks
- This can be raised by any mob/perm/trap that affects your MP level
- Try the entrance to Drax the Green Dragon's Cave
- Hippies at Poetry Corner in northeastern Highport or Apprentices and Robed Mages in the Wizard's Guild (Level 7-12)
- Fisher priests located in Bergen Cove (Level 13-16)
- Harvey the Drunken Wizard located in the Goblin's Ass. (Be careful, he has the potential of casting in excess of 70 damage, recommended for Level 17+ and/or 120+ HP)