The rogue is a swashbuckling outlaw, living from job to job and by his sword. Whether he be bounty hunter or bandit, pirate or conman, he is an extreme jack of all trades in regards to the seedier sides of life in Derlith.
- Rogues can be thought of as a blend of the stealthier classes. They can ambush and dual wield like a ranger, and are able to pick locks like a thief.
- Somewhat like a fighter, a rogue is able to disarm their opponent. Furthermore, they can kick every so often to deal a bit more damage (and sometimes even land a critical strike).
- While considered moderately strong in physical damage, a rogue's true defenses lies in his acrobatic abilities. Rogues can dodge better than any other class, making them extremely hard to hit. They also have a good chance to parry and riposte enemy attacks, both which help reduce damage taken and increase damage dealt.
Armor type: Leather
Summary of Skills: Ambush, Disarm, Kick, Picklock, Second weapon
Benefits from Stats
Suggested prime requisites are in magenta.
- Dexterity: This should be your top priority for stats. Not only does DEX play a role in a rogue's attack power, but it will enhance a rogue's already superb ability to dodge. Because rogues are only able to wear light armor, it is best to avoid taking damage at all.
- Strength: Should be the next choice of point distribution, since rogues depend on physical daamge. It will indirectly affect how much damage your ambush does as well.
- Constitution: Putting the rest of your points in CON may be good idea. When dodge fails you, having a larger HP pool may soften the blow.
- Piety & Intelligence: Rogues do not get any healing bonuses and do not have a lot of MP, thus PTY doesn't do very much. Rogues also have slow casting time and have a hard time raising magic skill, making INT a bad option as well.
- Suggested = ^
- Natural Infravision = ^
- Levels 1-7
- Highport: Crystal Bay Inn. You'll find it in the north east corner of Highport, behind a curtain.
- Gnomebarrow: Find the Ennadd Tavern. It's in the northeast corner of the city.
- Oakspire: Look in the basement of the Ethenear Tavern and Inn on the Ethenear Platform.
- Ruhrdan: Look in the basement of Ruhrdan's Best Weapons.
- Level 8+
- Breakwater: You will need to travel to the Seagull & Mug in Breakwater Point. You'll have to search for the entrance to the back. The first few levels you'll need to fight some evenly matched perms, then you'll need to buy some very expensive keys from 10 to 13. After level 13 it's simply a leveling room behind a curtain.